Rehabs in New Jersey That Accept Cigna Insurance
Does Cigna Insurance Cover Rehab in New Jersey?
Cigna health insurance may be able to cover all or at least part of the cost of rehab for drug and alcohol addiction in New Jersey. This depends on your policy and your location. Cigna may be able to partially cover inpatient or residential rehab, intensive outpatient programs, partial hospitalization, and detox.
Sadly, there were 2,780 reported drug overdose deaths in New Jersey from April 2020 to April 2021.1 If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, a rehab program can provide the support you need to get sober.
American Addiction Centers’ (AAC) Sunrise House Treatment Center in Lafayette, New Jersey, is in-network with Cigna insurance.
What Addiction Treatment Does Cigna Insurance Cover?
Cigna insurance may be able to cover substance use disorder (SUD) treatment in the state of New Jersey. Depending on your plan, insurance may cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detoxification – A medical detox aims to manage the discomfort and potentially dangerous side effects that may accompany withdrawal.
- Inpatient or Residential Treatment – Inpatient or residential programs offer around-the-clock support to individuals who are struggling with addiction. Behavioral therapies may be used to help an individual understand why they misuse substances and teach them coping strategies to avoid relapse.
- Outpatient Rehab – Outpatient rehab, which is still tailored to an individual’s needs, can be a good option to those with a supportive home environment who need help with a SUD. Outpatient programs offer more flexibility since treatment takes place for a certain number of hours per week but doesn’t require patients to live at the facility.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) – An IOP offers a higher level of care than a standard outpatient program. In general, individuals attend therapy and counseling sessions at the treatment center 3 to 4 times a week, often for 3 hours at a time.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) – Also referred to as day treatment, PHPs are ideal for individuals who need more intensive sessions of therapy and require access to medical care. Compared to other outpatient programs, individuals spend more time in treatment in a PHP.
Does Cigna New Jersey Cover Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Cigna may cover co-occurring disorder treatment under mental or behavioral health services. Depending on your level of coverage, mental health treatments may be at least partially covered.
Sunrise House Treatment Center offers co-occurring disorder treatment to address substance use and mental health disorders simultaneously. Check your level of coverage with Cigna for co-occurring disorder treatment.
Our Other Treatment Centers Near You
About Cigna Insurance
Cigna is a global health services company with 17 million global medical customers, Medicare Advantage plans in 16 states and Washington, D.C., and Medicare prescription drug plans in all 50 states.2 Cigna offers various “metal levels” of plans (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum) that vary in premium costs and out-of-pocket expenses to suit your individualized needs. Any Marketplace plans cover the 10 essential health benefits defined by the Affordable Care Act, one of which is mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) services.3