Humana Health Insurance Coverage for Rehab Treatment
Does Humana Insurance Cover Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Humana health insurance typically does cover drug and alcohol rehab and other mental health treatments. Humana is one of the largest health insurance providers in the country. As a result, Humana is in-network with inpatient rehab and many addiction treatment facilities, including American Addiction Centers’ (AAC) Recovery First Treatment Center in Hollywood, Florida; Oxford Treatment Center in Etta, Mississippi; Greenhouse Treatment Center in the Dallas-Fort Worth area of Texas; Desert Hope Treatment Center in Las Vegas; AdCare Rhode Island, which has multiple locations in the state; and Sunrise House Treatment Center in Lafayette, New Jersey. The extent of one’s Humana addiction coverage is dependent on the type of plan you have, the area in which you live, and many other significant factors.
What Types of Addiction Treatment Does Humana Cover?
Each insurance plan is slightly different in terms of coverage, as well as in-network versus out-of-network variables. However, the various types of addiction treatment your Humana plan may cover include:
- Detox. A medically managed detox program helps you rid your body of substances safely and as comfortably as possible while under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
- Inpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction involves living within a treatment facility and receiving supervised and highly structured 24/7 care.
- Outpatient programs. With outpatient treatment, patients live in their own residences and attend scheduled meetings and counseling at a treatment facility.
How to Check Humana Insurance Coverage
At AAC, we offer treatment for substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. To learn more about AAC’s treatment options, give us a call at , or you can verify your insurance by filling out the form below.
AAC strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage, but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels.
How to Use Humana Insurance for Substance Use Treatment
Humana insurance coverage typically expands across substance use and behavioral health treatment coverage as an add-on if it isn’t specifically covered in the plan already.
Treatment generally starts with a visit to the primary care physician (PCP), who can then seek authorization to refer an individual to a substance use treatment provider. More than 5 million members are covered under Humana Behavioral Health programs.
Humana Insurance Coverage Levels for Rehab
The extent of Humana’s addiction coverage is dependent on a host of factors such as:
- Plan type, e.g., preferred provider organization (PPO), health maintenance organization (HMO), etc.
- Length of stay.
- Type of treatment.
- Detox process required, if any (i.e., hospital-based versus non-medical detox).
- Medical necessity.
- The state in which you live.
- In-network versus out-of-network providers.
The best way to understand Humana coverage for your specific plan is to verify your insurance benefits below.
Verify Your Humana Insurance Benefits
Types of Humana Coverage
There are several types of individual medical insurance plans on the market; the most common are likely preferred provider organizations (PPOs) and health maintenance organizations (HMOs). A Humana PPO may be more flexible than an HMO, allowing individuals to seek care without a referral both in-network and out-of-network. An HMO requires that you designate a specific primary care physician (PCP) and see only in-network providers. Coverage and plans may differ depending on where a person lives and can be different in different states.
Humana also covers military service members and their families with Humana Military2 which is part of Humana Inc., but is also partnering with the Department of Defense to administer TRICARE health programs.
About Humana Health Insurance
With a wide range of services ranging from Medicare to individual medical, dental, pharmacy, and vision plans to group healthcare coverage provided through employers, Humana is a large and technologically advanced company with many health insurance options to choose from.1
Rehabs That Accept Humana Near You
Our Insurance Statistics
- Over 21,000 people have used insurance to attend treatment at one of our facilities since 2021.
- Over 85 people have used Humana to attend treatment since 2021.
- See if you are in-network with us.